Stigler is a charming community in beautiful southeastern Oklahoma and is the county seat of Haskell County. The opportunities offered in the area would not be possible without the exceptional partnership of the City of Stigler and Stigler-Haskell County Chamber of Commerce. This special partnership between the city and the chamber is evident on this website. Thank you for visiting the website and taking time to learn more about Stigler
scheduled in city.
Skate Park is open
The dedication and ribbon cutting for the Cox Family Fun Park p.m. was conducted on July 15.
The park is located at the intersection of North East Eighth Street and North East B Street.
The Choctaw Nation has had a tremendous impact on Stigler.
Click the link above to view the United for Oklahoma website, which includes comments from Stigler City Manager Bobby Mouser about that impact. (Stories - Stigler Sports Complex, and Video - Community Partnerships.)
Taco Bell has opened its doors
Click to view the
Chamber of commerce's Facebook page
What our city offers
* Competitive sales/use tax rates: State - 4.5 percent,
Haskell County - 2 percent, Stigler - 3.5 percent.
* Global commercial shipping on the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System.
* Local job training.
* Six institutions of higher education in the region.
* Recreation - parks with walking trails, a pavilion, playground equipment; and sports opportunities, including two sports complexes.
* Four lakes, which offer a variety of recreational opportunities.
* Stigler Municipal Airport, Fort Smith Regional Airport and Tulsa International Airport serving the region.
* Two city-owned industrial parks.
* Available workforce and adjacent to the Fort Smith, OK-AR Metropolitan Statistical Area with an additional 280,000.