City Hall lobby closed
Due to the increased number of COVID-19 cases being reported in the area, the City of Stigler has temporarily closed its lobby to the public.
This decision has been made to ensure the health and safety of city employees and the public.
Court fines and water payments may be placed in the drop box near the Council Room door.
City employees can be reached at 918-967-2164.
Officials will continue to monitor the situation. Area residents are encouraged to continue to follow health guidelines regarding COVID-19.
Welcome to Stigler!
Stigler is a charming community in beautiful southeastern Oklahoma. It is the county seat of Haskell County, which was named in honor of Charles N. Haskell, the first governor of the State of Oklahoma.
The opportunities offered in the area would not be possible without the exceptional partnership of the City of Stigler and Stigler-Haskell County Chamber of Commerce.
The chamber organizes several community events for the city. The city and the chamber also work together to share the news about the many opportunities available in the area.
This special partnership between the city and the chamber is evident on this website, which provides information about community activities, sports opportunities, infrastructure and business opportunities in this wonderful community; plus details about city government and the chamber.
Thank you for visiting the website and taking time to learn more about Stigler
City Planning Skatepark !
A design has been chosen, and additional details were presented during an online session on Sept. 2.
Click the links on the right to review information
about the skatepark.
Click to view the
Chamber of commerce's Facebook page
What our city offers
* Competitive sales/use tax rates: State - 4.5 percent,
Haskell County - 2 percent, Stigler - 3.5 percent.
* Global commercial shipping on the McClellan-Kerr Arkansas River Navigation System.
* Local job training.
* Six institutions of higher education in the region.
* Recreation - parks with walking trails, a pavilion, playground equipment; and sports opportunities, including two sports complexes.
* Four lakes, which offer a variety of recreational opportunities.
* Stigler Municipal Airport, Fort Smith Regional Airport and Tulsa International Airport serving the region.
* Two city-owned industrial parks.
* Available workforce and adjacent to the Fort Smith, OK-AR Metropolitan Statistical Area with an additional 280,000.